OUR SPRING UPDATE & CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Our Spring 2021 update is now available to download, its full of positive news, what we are looking forward to in 2021, and an amazing baked cheesecake from Head Chef Bella! Click here to read Link to the update.
Baked cheesecake with roasted rhubarb
For the cheesecake
- 40g plain flour
- 260g golden caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 500g cream cheese
- 150g double cream
- 150g sour cream
- 1 large tsp vanilla bean paste/ the scraped seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
For the rhubarb
- 600g rhubarb
- 80g golden caster sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Fully line a deep loose bottomed or springform 8” or 9” cake tin with baking parchment, making sure you have a good 2-3cm collar of parchment coming up around the sides.
- For the cheesecake, whisk the flour and sugar together in a bowl until fully incorporated and there are no lumps of flour. Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the eggs, whisk briefly to combine.
- Crack in the eggs, whisk together until fully incorporated into the mix and it’s smooth and creamy. Pour the cheesecake mixture into your lined tin, and smooth the top with a spoon/give the tin a little shake and a tap to even out the top and knock out any air pockets.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until puffed up and a dark caramelised brown on top, but still very very jiggly inside. Allow to cool completely in the tin (it will deflate and become dense and delicious). Serve at room temperature, or chill overnight in the fridge for a firmer slice. If chilled, allow the cheesecake to come up to room temp before serving.
- Once the cheesecake is cooked turn your oven to 170C/150C Fan/Gas 5
- Slice your rhubarb into lengths about 1-2 inches long, toss in the sugar so they are well coated. Arrange on a lined baking tray in a single layer. Squeeze over the orange juice (you can also zest it if you want some extra orangey flavour).
Roast for 10-15 minutes (check after 10!) – your rhubarb should be just tender but still holding its shape. Allow to cool on the tray. Serve the rhubarb with the cheesecake