What is catering?
With such a large variety of catering available it is difficult to decide on which is the best for your guests.
Events range from lunch drop-off to full-service catering. Catering services provided can be placed into 3 categories. These should help you make the correct choice on what you need depending on the event and can include:
1) cooking and delivering food to an outside location
2) cooking, delivering and serving food
3) full-service (preparing food, providing service staff, decoration of event location, prep and clean-up).
A formal full-service catering is likely to include the following:
- Rental of crockery, linen, glassware and cutely, maybe even a kitchen, marquee tables and chair!
- Staff from chefs, waiter and waitresses to cocktail and bar staff.
- The bar itself – tables, ice bars, cocktail waiters
- The meal – canapés, dinner/lunch/buffet, dessert, tea coffee chocolates, cheese, midnight snacks
- Drinks orders, ice, soft drinks
Beautifully prepared food alone can appeal to the senses of taste, smell, and sight – perhaps even touch, but the decorations and ambiance can play a significant part in a successfully catered event. Let us know if we can help you with this as well.